Caretaker position: Sheffield Technology Parks
£9 per hour
30 hours per week
We are looking to employ an experienced Caretaker to assist in general maintenance and cleaning duties around our site. The ideal candidate will enjoy working to a task list and take pride in ensuring that our facilities and site are looking as clean and tidy as possible. We operate a helpdesk where clients report issues, and the Caretaker will respond in a timely manner to such requests.
A degree of lifting and handling will be required of the role, as well as basic joinery and plumbing tasks (for example assembling desks and chairs)
The Caretaker will report to the Maintenance Manager
• Undertake and record weekly checks and record works carried out including but not limited to emergency lighting, fire alarm, fire exit doors, water temperatures etc.
• Ensure all maintenance work is completed on time and to Health & Safety standards
• Ensuring the site is well maintained and well presented at all times (Daily cleaning, timed bathroom checks, litter and weed picking around the site)
• to support the cleaning staff in regular deep cleans and ensuring refuse and recycling areas are effectively controlled
• Carry out building fabric repairs, adjustments, maintenance, installations and removals
• Liaising with and monitoring the work of contractors including cleaner contractors
• Maintain a professional relationship with colleagues, customers and clients alike reporting any incident that may adversely affect service delivery and customer satisfaction.
•identifying issues around the building and scheduling them to be remedied in a timely manner.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
• Previous experience in similar facility management and/or Caretaker role
• Able to attend regular appraisals and agree personal development programme in accordance with the job requirements
• Able plan and prioritise workloads to achieve objectives
• Able to work on own initiative or as part of a team
• Flexibility to assess and tackle a wide range of disciplines within skill sets
There will be a 3 month probation period with this role.
Email your CV detailing relevant experience and a short covering letter explaining why you are suited to this position to email@example.com no later than THURSDAY 14TH MARCH
|Published||February 26, 2019|